回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

请网友跟我一起做功课2

帖子 royl » 周日 4月 11, 2010 8:12 pm

请网友跟我一起做功课2

以下是一篇逗笑的文章. 作者无法查到是何人.

我以这信条的翻译工作过程与网友共享. 在工作开始之前, 先跟网友报告一下我手边的两件工具: Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary(韦氏英文字典软件), 笔者写的英语成语电子书.

The Procrastinator's Creed 拖延者信条

1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
我相信, 如果有一件该做的事, 早就应该做好.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
除非能够避免更多工作或为了找借口, 我绝不会加快动作.
3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
我绝不在一而再, 再而三考虑之前就急于投入一个工作.
4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
如果为了及时完工而受到的身体伤害数量越大, 我就越不会及时做完这项工作.
5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
我坚决相信明天存在新科技的可能性, 惊人发现, 并使我的工作得到暂时的减轻.
6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
我真实相信所有的截止期限都是不合理的, 不管它给你多少时间.
7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesimally small, is not exactly zero.
我绝不会忽略奇迹的发生机率, 不管它多渺茫, 总不是零.
8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.
假如我第一次我不能成功, 总有来年可再试.
9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
我应该永远地决定不做决定, 当然除非我决定改变决定.
10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
我应该永远自动自发地开始, 主动踏出第一步, 或者写下第一个字, 假如我有时间的话.
11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
我遵守"倒反理由法规"也就是要求完成较大的任务, 越没意义的小工作必须在较大的任务还没开始前先完成.
12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/wait/plan.
我所知的工作循环不是计画/开始/结束, 而是等/再等/计画.
13. I will never put off until tomorrow what I can forget about forever.
我绝不会把可以永久忘掉的事情拖到明天.
14. I will become a member of the Ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.
我要成为"亘古双头乌龟兄弟会"的会员(拖延者社团)假如他们能够组织得起来的话.
- On a Poster
从一篇海报找到的

工作过程与解析:
The Procrastinator's Creed拖延者信条
首先介绍procrastinator, 拖延者, 也就是不拖延到最后一刻不做好或不交付工作之人. 假如你不到最后一刻不申报所得税(to file income tax), 你就是tax procrastinator, 报税拖延者.

1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
在这里我要跟网友讨论一个常用的句型: "if…, would have + past participle", 也就是"假如…, 早就该…".
当然这个句型可以分为现在式与过去式. 上面的句子就是现在式的句型: "if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already", 也就是假如任何一件该做的事, 早就应该做好. 言外之意, 如果有件事你还没着手去做, 它肯定不值得去做.

过去式例句1: Were it not for my support, you wouldn't have been able to make it; 当初要是没有我的支持, 你不可能会成功. 网友可以看出这是使用于与过去事实相反的假设.
请注意两件事, 1. 在假设语中的主动词应用过去式, 像Were it not for my support; 2. 在假设语中”当初应该如何如何”可以用should have, would have, could have等等并随后加过去分词即可.
过去式例句2: Had I known that the test was tough, I would have studied more; 假如我知道考试很难, 我当初就应该多读书. 网友可以看出这是使用于与过去事实相反的假设.
过去式例句3: I've had such a bad day that I should never have gotten up at all; 今天很不顺利, 早知如此, 还不如赖在床上不起来. 网友可以看出这是使用于与过去事实相反的假设.
过去式例句4: Who could have thought of it? 谁当初会想到那件事? 网友可以看出这是使用于与过去事实相反的假设.

2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
除非能够避免更多工作或为了找借口, 我绝不会加快动作.

3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
"to rush into a job"可以解释为急于投入一个工作.
我绝不在一而再, 再而三考虑之前就急于投入一个工作.

4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
"to meet all of my deadlines"就是及时做完所有的工作. "directly in proportion to…"就是与…成直接比例. "bodily injury"这个字眼经常出现在车险与屋险保单上, 也就是身体伤害.
我将按照因为无法及时完工所能逃避掉的身体伤害数量大小的直接反比来决定是否要及时做完所有的工作. 这句话比较难翻译, 拗口; 从另一个角度来解释, 也就是如果为了及时完工而受到的身体伤害数量越大, 我就越不会及时做完这项工作.

5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
"to hold the possibility for new technologies"在这里我们要解释为"新科技的可能性的存在"; "hold"可以解释为"exist"(出自韦氏字典). "a reprieve"可以解释为暂时的减轻.
我坚决相信明天存在新科技的可能性, 惊人发现, 并使我的工作得到暂时的减轻. 言外之意, 就是我之所以要等到明天是为了新科技的可能产生会使我工作轻松.

6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
我真实相信所有的截止期限都是不合理的, 不管它给你多少时间.

7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesimally small, is not exactly zero.
我绝不会忽略奇迹的发生机率, 不管它多渺茫, 总不是零.

8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.
假如我第一次我不能成功, 总有来年可再试.

9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
我应该永远地决定不做决定, 当然除非我决定改变决定.

10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
我应该永远自动自发地开始, 主动踏出第一步, 或者写下第一个字, 假如我有时间的话.

11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
我遵守"倒反理由法规"也就是要求完成较大的任务, 越没意义的小工作必须在较大的任务还没开始前先完成.

12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/wait/plan.
我所知的工作循环不是计画/开始/结束, 而是等/再等/计画.

13. I will never put off until tomorrow what I can forget about forever.
有一句谚语: "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today", 也就是"今日事, 今日毕".
我绝不会把可以永久忘掉的事情拖到明天. (意指我只有把忘不掉的事情拖到明天; 要是能忘得掉, 我明天也还是不会做)

14. I will become a member of the Ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.
我要成为"亘古双头乌龟兄弟会"的会员(拖延者社团)假如他们能够组织得起来的话.

- On a Poster 从一篇海报找到的

(本论坛文章欢迎网友转载, 请标明文章来源)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客